Marshalltown Trowel Co

In 1890, Jesse and Lester Williams started a small machine shop on East Church Street, repairing bicycles and automobiles, and fulfilling occasional tool orders for local contractors. One local plasterer asked that they customize some tools for him. The customer was pleased with the improved product and more requests trickled in. The Williams brothers made a few more trowels and put them on the market. Word traveled fast and they began receiving orders from outside of the state. Their small shop quickly grew into a manufacturing and mail order business, and the brothers thought they were doing quite well.
View as Grid List

Items 1-24 of 173

Page
Set Descending Direction
per page
View as Grid List

Items 1-24 of 173

Page
Set Descending Direction
per page